The last Tuesday, I had the opportunity of participating on a great initiative of the Xamarin LATAM Community lead by Luis
Event name: Xamarin Online LATAM Fest, February 2019
LIVE Name: Streaming on Xamarin Forms
Description: I got to speak about Wowza Media Services, how to manage your live stream workflow and showcase a live demo of the new plugin we recently released to make use of this awesome services directly on Xamarin Forms.
Participating countries: LATAM Countries (Dominican Republic, Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, among others).
Live Session link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2lJggBkB_Y
My participation was on February 26, the community was really interested on seeing first hand how this new live-streaming service plugin worked and how could they leverage it on their Xamarin Forms projects, so I decided to base my topic for the session on it, focusing only on the nature of Live-streaming workflow, what do we have currently available on the pre-release of the Wowza Client plugin and a demo to show case how can we install and use it.
I also got to talk a bit about a previous post, I created as a Startup guide for using the plugin which you can find here:
Topics discussed on the Live presentation
- What is Live-streaming?
- What is the workflow we follow to create a live-streaming?
- Components involved in creating your live-streaming.
- What is Wowza Media Services?
- How does Wowza work?
- How to can we use it on Xamarin Forms?
- Wowza Client Plugin by CrossGeeks.
- Live Demo on how to use the plugin and
livestream your first session.
Pictures of live event
Attended with ❤ by Pujolsluis
Good References to learn more Wowza Media Services and the Xamarin Plugin
- Wowza Media Services Website:
- Wowza Client Plugin Github Repo:
- Streaming on Xamarin Forms – Xamarin Online LATAM Fest [Video]